Romany Routes is the journal of the Romany & Traveller Family History Society.
And it’s exclusively for our members: just one of the benefits of signing up as an RTFHS member and paying an annual subscription.
Romany Routes is published four times a year: in March, June, September and December.
And every edition is packed full of research tips, family history and social history features, old photos and things that members have discovered about travelling people and their own ancestors in old newspapers, parish registers and censuses.
Like a free sample of what’s inside?
Here’s a free sample of the kind of articles, news and photos you can enjoy every quarter as an RTFHS member: Romany Routes taster edition.
What’s been in Romany Routes before?
Find out here:
- Buy the first nine complete volumes of Romany Routes (Volumes 1 to 9) on CD-ROM. Head to Publications to find out more.
- See online indexes to Volumes 1 to 5 of Romany Routes here.
- Past issues of Romany Routes are sometimes available to buy too. Check this RTFHS Romany Routes order form for details.
- Volume 1 Romany Routes contents
- Volume 2 Romany Routes contents
- Volume 3 Romany Routes contents
- Volume 4 Romany Routes contents
- Volume 5 Romany Routes contents
- Volume 6 Romany Routes contents
- Volume 7 Romany Routes contents
- Volume 8 Romany Routes contents
- Volume 9 Romany Routes contents
- Volume 10 Romany Routes contents
- Volume 11 Romany Routes contents
- Volume 12 Romany Routes contents
Like to contribute something for publication?
The Editor of Romany Routes welcomes contributions, small and large, from all RTFHS members and from non-members too. They could be:
- Stories about a family member
- Snippets from your family tree
- Websites, Record Offices or books that have helped you in your research
- Finds from parish registers, newspapers or historic documents
- Photos from your family album
Click here for more help and ideas from our Romany Routes Contributor’s Guide 2016. And then put pen to paper or head to the keyboard and contact the Editor of Romany Routes – Sharon Heppell – at: editor(at)rtfhs.org.uk (Just replace the ‘at’ in the address with the @ symbol.) Or write to: Flat 53, 41 Provost Street, London N1 7NB.
What do people say about Romany Routes?
“One of the very best magazines I receive. The Society is great.” Ena
“I have been most impressed with the new-look journal since it was revamped. I have found it more interesting and informative.” Tony
“Thank you so much for all the interesting articles throughout the year. Have so enjoyed tracing the families through the years.” Joan
“The journal is great. Very professional and interesting.” Pauline
“I look forward to the magazine and enjoy it very much.” Wisdom
This page last updated: 2 April 2017.